With rich heady herbs, balsamic vinegar and olive oil, this Italian marinade is wonderful for roasted and grilled meats.
- Italian Marinade: Mix together oil, sage, rosemary, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, fennel seeds, salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Italian-Style Pork Roast: Fill FoodSaver® Containers with the marinade and pork; turn the valve to the marinate setting, connect the FoodSaver® Handheld Sealer and press the Marinate Button. Allow the sealer to run a 12-minute cycle to infuse pork with marinade.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade. Place pork in small roasting pan fitted with rack. Roast for 60 to 75 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center registers 71°C. Tent loosely with foil and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat roasting pan on stovetop over medium heat. Using wooden spoon, stir in broth, wine and tomato paste; bring to boil, stirring up any brown bits from bottom of pan. Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup. Strain before serving.
- This Italian marinade is tasty on pork, but it also works well with chicken and beef. Grill, roast or braise, depending on the cut of meat used.
- If a pork loin center cut roast is not available, have your butcher tie 2 pork loins together (or do it yourself with kitchen twine).
Per 1/8 recipe
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 3g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Total Sugars 0g
Vitamin D 0.8mcg
- none applicable
Nutrition note: estimated 25% of the marinade is used for the pork with the remainder discarded.