This Mediterranean-inspired marinade is a perfect match for the bold flavors of beef and lamb.
- Red Wine Marinade: Stir together red wine, oil, rosemary, mustard, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Red Wine Marinated Beef Stew: Fill FoodSaver® Container with the marinade and beef; turn the valve to the marinate setting, remove the liquid reservoir, connect the FoodSaver® Handheld Sealer and press the Marinate Button. Allow the sealer to run a 12-minute cycle to infuse beef with marinade.
- Remove beef from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Melt butter in Dutch oven or large ovenproof saucepan set over medium heat; cook onion and celery for 3 to 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Sprinkle flour over top; cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Slowly whisk in beef broth and tomato paste; bring to boil.
- Add stewing beef and reserved marinade to pan; cover and bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until beef is just tender. Stir in potatoes and carrots. Cover and return to oven; cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meat is tender enough to cut with a fork.
- Stir in peas; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Tip: Use this marinade with beef, lamb, chicken, pork or turkey. Grill or roast meats, or turn into stews, with the flavorful addition of the marinade as in this recipe.
Per 1/6 recipe
Total Fat 24g
Saturated Fat 9g
Dietary Fiber 10g
Total Sugars 11g
Vitamin D 0.9mcg
- Excellent source of iron