Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Burgers
These mouth-watering beef and bacon burgers are cooked sous vide, then finished on the grill for the ultimate summer barbecue favourite.
- Cut Cheddar cheese block into 4 large cubes; set aside. Mix together beef, bacon and steak seasoning; divide into 4 portions. Roll each portion into ball; press cheese cube into each burger, wrapping the meat around it, to completely enclose the cheese. Shape each portion into 3/4-inch thick patties.
- Individually seal burgers using FoodSaver® FM5000 System according to appliance guidelines. Fill cooking pot with water. Add sous-vide machine; set to 160˚F for well-done burgers. Lower vacuumed bag into heated water, weighing down to submerge, if necessary. Set timer to 40 minutes or up to 3 1/2 hours.
- Carefully remove bag from water; let stand for 5 minutes before opening and removing burgers.
- Preheat grill to high heat; grease grate well. Grill burgers for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until well marked and heated through.
- Assemble burgers in buns with mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, mustard, lettuce, tomato, onions and pickles.
- Substitute provolone, Gouda or Gruyère for Cheddar cheese.
- As a variation, top burgers with your favorite toppings.
Per 1 burger
Total Fat 38g
Saturated Fat 14g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Total Sugars 11g
Vitamin D 0.8mcg
- Good source of calcium
- Good source of iron